Easter Sunday – April 8, 2012
The Health Benefits of Chocolate
I’m not talking about good old Easter eggs here, but as there is a lot of chocolate going around today I thought I’d share some information about the numerous health benefits associated with eating dark chocolate (dark means with a cocoa content of 70% or greater).
Remembering that organic chocolate is going to be even better for you, consuming around 40 grams (4 squares) a day has been scientifically proven to have the following health benefits:
– increases serotonin uptake so can therefore act as a mild anti-depressant
– decreases the production of stress hormones (such as cortisol)
– makes you feel good because it contains endorphin
– has anti-inflammatory properties
– protects the heart
– has antioxidant properties which help fight free-radicals which are a toxic by-product of being stressed
– helps you to feel more alert as it is a stimulant
So now you’ve got some good reasons to eat chocolate without feeling guilty about it, have a safe and HAPPY EASTER!!